Last month on Bridge Street, I shared three really cool online stylist services and apps with Sistina and the viewers. It was so popular- and there are so many great services out there- that I decided to review two more excellent services and how they work. Check out the segment here and then get the details below.
STICHFIX Simply fill out the Stitch Fix Style Profile and their personal stylists will handpick a selection of five clothing items and accessories unique to your taste, budget and lifestyle. You can buy what you like and return the rest!
First, fill out your Style Profile- information such as height, weight, denim preferences, styles you like, want or want to avoid. Share a Pinterest board with items you like.
Pick the date you’d like to receive your shipment of five clothing items and accessories handpicked by personal stylists on the date you choose. At the time your stylist selects your items, you will be charged a $20 styling fee. That $20 will be applied as a credit toward anything you keep from your shipment.
Try everything on at home
Buy what you like and return the rest within 3 days. Log on to your account to checkout the items you want and if you keep all 5 you get 25% off your order.
My favorite parts:
- Pinterest is not a waste of time! Actual stylists use it to choose items for you.
- My experience: my first Fix everything was close but not perfect. After I sent it all back they reached out immediately to see if they could try again. Second time there were two pieces I loved, including the dark wash jeans I wore on today's show. They really listened to what I wanted.
- If you don’t have time to shop, it's like having your own personal stylist who will send you a few new pieces to freshen up your wardrobe.
CAPSULES is a guide and tool to help you simplify your wardrobe and your life. My mom actually told me about this one. They help you hit the reset button on your wardrobe. This one really resonates with me and many of my clients.
They help you DISCOVER YOUR STYLE based on your colors, taste, and weekly activities. Then they BUILD YOUR CAPSULE, check off what you own, and we'll recommend the clothes you need to complete your capsule. Last but not least to SIMPLIFY YOUR LIFE they’ll provide inspiration on how to mix and match outfits for every season. Capsules is for women. Caldwell is for men.
My favorite parts:
- You can use all your own pieces without having to shop.
- They give you step by step instructions on how to do a closet clean out.
- Their philosophy of ethical, authentic and quality. They even have lists of places to shop that also practice sustainability.
- Build a pinterest board for inspiration.
If you missed today's segment, click here to watch it. Do you think you'd try one of these services, and why? I'd love to hear back from you on your experience using them! Post below in the comments, email me at email@example.com or post on my Facebook page!