My small town happens to be in the Northeast, so my February Must Haves are definitely needed in a cold, snowy climate.
- Creamy nighttime moisturizer- the best is CeraVe® Moisturizing Cream. It is ideal for drier areas of the body including elbows, knees and heels and can also be used on the face as it’s noncomedogenic (does not cause pimples or acne by clogging pores), non-irritating and fragrance-free.
- Workout pants that keep you warm and cozy- I purchased mine several years ago at Lululemon in Boston and I’m never disappointed. The inside legging keeps me warm and the outside layer is windproof and adorably casual yet chic so I can run errands after my workout and still look good. The closest version to the ones I have are probably the Studio Pant II Lined.
- Several tubes and tubs of Aquaphor Healing Ointment- Available at all drugstores in both the skincare and baby aisles, this multi-purpose product will be a purchase you will not regret. I use it for chapped lips, dry and itchy skin, on cuts, to smooth flyaway hair, and if you have a baby, apply liberally after every diaper change. I keep a tub in every bathroom and small tubes in my car, office and purse.
- My instinct on a cold and snowy day is to stay in my pjs, bake cookies, thrown on a rom-com film and veg out on the couch with an issue of Vogue and the fireplace roaring- sound nice? That’s why my winter Must Have includes a motivating and inspiring trainer/gym and keeping things interesting. That's why I've got a few differently places I am currenlty sweating at. Orange Theory is my go-to now for a killer workout with tons of sweat and a heart monitor that tracks my training so I can't cheat myself. Sophie at Syracuse Yoga gives me the mind-body connection I crave, allowing me to quiet my mind, strengthen my body and push myself in my yoga practice. I've been doing Barre 3 with owner Jen Rubin for about two years and so I am super excited her studio is finally opening this weekend in Dewitt. I describe it as a combination of strength, barre and yoga- the philosophy is to give your body what it needs and to accept that it will change every day. Classes are free this weekend and you can find out more information at their website.
* Some content has been updated as of 1/31/18.