Signs of spring are out there, but it still feels like winter in my small town so my March Must Haves help me ease the transition to the warmer weather.
- A classic pair of Converse- A warm weather staple in my closet for years, I pull my two pairs- white low tops and black high tops- out of storage once the snow starts to melt. It’s a fun and casual spring look for when your toes aren’t quite sandal ready!
- A great pair of shades- I love sunglasses! I’m not big into accessories but this is one I can’t get enough of. Right now I am rotating two- both Burberry. I prefer the frames to be in a light tone that works with my skin and hair color. Aviators are still hot and I predict colorful frames will be big for the summer.
- Layers- It’s cold when you leave the house, warms up during the day, and chills down in the evening. The only way to look good with these ups and downs is to dress in layers. My favorite spring look incorporates a t-shirt under a jacket or blazer with a large lightweight scarf which can be removed as the day warms up. You’ll see me wearing the Azul Infinity Scarf from Noonday Collection that I can’t wait to pair with my new Regent linen blazer from J.Crew. Pair with skinny jeans that hit at the ankle bone and a cute pair of flats and you’re ready for anything Mother Nature throws at you.
- Bronzer- See that woman at the grocery store with a tan in March? Unless she just spent spring break in the Bahamas, it’s not real! But when we start to cover up less as the temps warm up, our pasty winter skin makes us want to shrink away. Add a little bronzer to your makeup routine. Apply to the areas the sun would naturally kiss- temples, nose, cheekbones and chin. My favorites are both Bobbi Brown- Bronzing Powder ($40) and Brightening Finishing Powder in Bronze Glow ($52).
- Catalogs, catalogs, catalogs- It’s time to start thinking about your spring wardrobe! When you live in a small town like me, you might not have a lot of shopping options. That’s what catalogs are for! I always look forward to getting my J. Crew Style Guide in the mail. I rip out the looks I love and put them on my inspiration board. Let the spring style planning begin!!